2012 Dauphin de Grand Pontet Saint-Emilion Grand Cru
DAUPHIN DE GRAND PONTET
Appellation Saint-Emilion Grand Cu Contrôlée
Owner :Family Pourquet - Bécot
Wine Maker: J. Philippe FORT
GrapeVarieties:70% Merlot / 30% Cabernet Franc
Sylvie Pourquet-Bécot has been manager since 2000 of Château de Grand Pontet. The vineyard has undergone constant renovation thanks to ongoing investments, and special attention is paid to environmental concerns.
The care taken in both the vineyard and the cellars gives the wine a status as one of the finest classfied growths, as well as one that faithfully reflects its terroir.Dauphin de Grand-Pontet is the second wine of Grand Pontet, it is made from a young vines and is only produced in certain vintages. The name “Dauphin“ come from the period of the kings. Indeed, Dauphin's name was attributed to who shall precede the King.
- Grapes are sorted once in the vineyard, and again in the cellar.
• They are fermented whole, without the addition of cultured yeast.
• The wine stays on the skins for 3-5 weeks, depending on the vintage.
• Temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks are used.
• Malolactic fermentation takes place in new barrels
WHAT DO WE LIKE IN THIS WINE:
This wine is an aromatic wine, it is fruity, fresh and well-balanced with very mature tanins.
Second wines of classified growths are vinified with the same attention as grand vin.
They are often the youngest vines of the Château and the quality of the vintage is of course the same for second labels.